Triumph Fitness is a 12-week strength and fitness program for people who have recently completed cancer treatment in the Sacramento metro area. A cancer diagnosis and subsequent treatment can be devastating both emotionally and physically. The goal of Triumph Fitness is to help cancer survivors take back their lives while exercising with a group of like-minded individuals.
The program is specifically designed to help survivors:
- Build muscle mass and strength
- Increase flexibility and endurance
- Improve the capacity to perform activities of daily living – from work to play
Triumph Fitness can also help reduce the severity of cancer side effects, prevent unwanted weight changes, and improve energy levels and self-esteem. Scientific studies have shown that physical exercise can decrease the chance of recurrence and improve outcomes for a cancer survivor. An additional goal of Triumph Fitness is to empower participants – so they can continue to triumph on their own.
Classes are held twice per week at local fitness centers in the Sacramento metro area. Certified instructors provide personal, small-group instruction. Training regimens are tailored to the specific needs and limitations of each participant. There is no cost to participants. Our programs are available to any adult cancer survivor in the Sacramento region, no matter where they have received their treatment if they meet our criteria.
Who Can Participate? Adult cancer survivors who:
- Have completed their cancer treatments.
- Have a strong personal desire to improve their fitness level.
- Can commit to a 12-week program.
- Have received permission from their physicians.
What You Can Expect:
- An encouraging, safe environment for gaining – or regaining – physical strength.
- The chance to meet others like yourself who are just getting back into fitness after battling cancer.
- The guidance needed to continue with a fitness regimen that works for you at home or at a gym.
The Triumph Fitness Program is offered several locations in the Sacramento metro area. Contact us to learn more about Triumph Fitness or to register for an upcoming session. Currently, we offer both evening and daytime sessions on a quarterly basis at locations in Fair Oaks, Natomas, and the Arden area.
We are grateful to the Rollingwood Athletic Club in Fair Oaks, who believes in our program and has generously offered their facilities for the use of our Fair Oaks classes. www.rollingwoodclub.com
We are equally grateful to Asclepius Pain Management, who makes their private facility available for our Natomas area class. www.asclepiuspain.com